The XIth ‘Art Manege’ Fair of Contemporary Art took place in the Manege on 15-19 December. The beau monde of Moscow society stepped out of their limousines to have a little look at the pictures and at each other. One could tell which artists were commanding the highest prices by the number of guests and TV cameras crowding onto stands.
Not all of the best galleries were at the fair, which is competing with Art Moscow. Nevertheless, here is the Passport Magazine Guide to the Most Fashionable Contemporary Russian Artists:
- Budaev, Andrei (Budaev Studio of Political Posters)
- Chkhaidze, Omar (Gallery Omar Chkhaidze)
- Dorzhiev, Zoritko (Gallery Khankhalaev)
- Hariutiunian, Hrachya (Art-Sargiz)
- Kaminskii, Pasha
- Nekrasov, Sergei (Ask Classics)
- Semenskii, Vladimir (AG Gallery).